Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Saying Goodbye

6 and a half years ago we went house hunting. I had my new baby in tow and we were looking at older homes because I had dreams of fixing up a little house. I looked in many disgusting places and they just didn't feel right. Then I came across this little house. It was small, needed lots of work and love, but I could just envision my life there...after it was all fixed up of course. It desperately needed new windows, it was dusty, stinky, the bathroom was gross, but somehow it was charming to me and I wanted to live there. Tomorrow we will be officially moved out. We moved the kitchen over today and unpacked that and tomorrow will be all the furniture. This little house has so many memories and it is so hard to leave. Whenever I would leave town, or even leave to run errands, I love to come home. The red door, the shutters and the flowers always bring a smile to my face. I love all the memories I have of playing in the front yard and on the porch. For some reason that is the gathering place. I love the memories we have in the kitchen, watching my kids grow and make messes helping me bake. There is such a happy feeling here. I love the memories of having my mom help me decorate, my grandpa helping us fix up the house, family visiting as our own family grows. I know that we will have many more memories to come. I know that our new home will also be a happy place. Browsing through old photos I felt so content. Through all of our good times and through all of our trials there are so many blessings. Life takes us down many roads and I love this one I'm on.

Olivia was just a baby when we moved in.
Joey put in the sprinklers, layed sod, and tore down that ugly fence and put up a new one. All things he had never done before.
Sammie was born. My little 5 pound baby.
These two always having fun.
My first going off to kindergarten.
Abby was born and we really became a family of girls.
Lots of laughing and goofing off.
Goodbye...we'll miss you. But at least I get to take all these munchkins along.

5 comments:

becks said...

What the heck! I'm getting teary-eyed reading this post! I have so many happy memories of visiting you and the girls in your adorable house: baking, making forts, and dancing in the kitchen with Olivia when she was a baby :) Can't wait for more memories in your new house!

Emily said...

I can't imagine leaving our home. We've been here about the same amount of time. Where are the pictures of the new house?? Good luck moving!

Mama B said...

Annie -- I too got all teary eyed reading your post -- of course love the pictures. I love this little California cottage in Bakersfield, CA. I know your new home is going to hold great memories for your future. Having 3 bathrooms is going to seem pretty heavenly . . .

Patti said...

Annie I was having tears come to my eyes as I was reading your post. It is always a bitter sweet time when we move.but lots more memories will be made,and like you said you are taking the most important parts,your little family.

Brittney said...

awww. tender. moving is bittersweet, at least for me. (oh, and a pain in the hind-end as well...) good luck with everything. i'm sure you'll make your next home as homey as this one. looks beautiful.