Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Boat

At my parents we went out on the boat. The girls have never been on a ski boat and I thought it would be a fun memory for the summer since we haven't really done a whole lot this summer. So then they could at least say, "I went on a boat." It was a beautiful morning and my memories of being out on the lake came back to me. The smell of the boat, the feel of the wind. I have so many memories of going out in the same boat and going skiing and wakeboarding early in the morning. I just love the feeling of being out on the lake. Sammie is still pretty scared of the water, so I was surprised when she wanted to ride on the raft thingy. Olivia was a little nervous about it too. You don't have to get in the water or even get wet at all to ride it. Besides, how can you be nervous with daddy right next to you? At one point one of them was giving a thumbs up for faster while the other was giving a thumbs down for slower. Sometimes they would smile and then look scared, but I think they had fun.
I asked Sammie if she had fun. "Well, it wasn't super fun. It would be super fun if you just went slow."...which we did do.

Abby had an adventure in her own raft.

I'll miss seeing my family. It was fun hangin' out.

1 comments:

Karen said...

I love an early Saturday on the boat! The best place to be!