Sunday, May 08, 2011

I love being a Mom

The girls got up and made me eggs and fruit this morning. They looked so happy as they brought it to me in my bedroom. Sammie gave me all of her cute things she made at preschool. I got teary-eyed. Olivia worked on a book about me at school last week. When she showed it to me I was so teary-eyed. Singing Love at Home in Sacrament Meeting with Sammie on my lap and Olivia singing like an opera singer made me teary-eyed. During Abby's prayer tonight she blessed each person individually in our family that they would get better. "Mommy get better and Sammie get better, and Daddy get better, and Olivia get better. Amen." I got teary-eyed. We all laughed after.
I love being a mom. It brings me so much joy. It's the hardest job and the best job.


(One of the pictures from Olivia's book)

I love my kids so much. I love them even more now than before I got sick. I've learned to relax about things. At first I didn't know how to be a good mom and be sick for so long. But as time went on I could tell that I was changing and that our family was changing and that even though I was sick and couldn't do things I used to do I was actually a better mom.

2 comments:

Boyce said...

That is so sweet.

Unknown said...

Your a perfect mom! I love looking at your blog. I love to see your children grow! They are adorable little gals! You have a beautiful attitude on life. I wish you well with your health Anne! love you