Sunday, July 31, 2011

Glad that he's home

First of all, I'm very glad he's home...and I'm glad that he's home in one piece. Joey went with the Young Men from our ward to hike Half Dome at Yosemite this week. Since K.C. hasn't gone back to school yet, Joey asked if he could come along as well. It ended up being a memorable trip for both of them. The hike was tough. Joey said that it was the hardest thing physically that he has ever done. 18 miles in one day. The way up is steep with lots of stairs. I hiked half dome back in the day when I was 16. Young and in shape. I practically ran up the mountain. Maybe one day I can do it again. Joey and K.C. had so much fun together. It has been fun to see my little brother all grown up now. He's a great kid. He was only 12 when I got married and now he's an adult like the rest of us. Abby just loves him and calls him, "My K.C." She wanted to sit by him at church today and snuggled right up to him. I wish K.C. was with us every week in Sacrament Meeting. She actually made it through the whole meeting. Here are some pics of their trip. It looked amazing.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe he is all grown up either. I so remember him as a little guy. So much fun though!

Christina said...

Me too!

Remember when we did that funny commercial for honors history or something like that? KC wanted to help us with it...."Little pieces of tape!"

We were so weird...It was great!

Mama B said...

I'm so glad KC was there to help out Joey -- I know this was a really tough hike for him. Keeping him humble ...