Is it really already almost Thanksgiving?! I have taken practically no pictures this month. The days have just seemed to unknowlingly slip together and then the month is nearly over. Joey celebrated his birthday this month and we chowed down on his favorite cake, yellow with chocolate frosting. He turned 33. I can't believe how old we're getting. The girls have had the sniffles ever since it started to get cold and our nights have been filled with bouts of coughing.
Last weekend Olivia reminded me that her school project was due on Monday (yesterday). I hadn't even thought about it and it's been sitting around for 2 weeks at home. Good thing she reminded me on Friday night and not on Sunday night. She made a newspaper doll at school and we had to turn it into a pilgrim. I have to admit, I did most of the project. I just wanted to get it done. I did make her stay in the room with me and she helped hold things and she drew the face on. She's been doing well and reading up a storm. I love that she even reads while she is walking home from the bus stop.
Sammie was "Student of the Month." She was so proud of herself. She will not smile at school. That's how serious she is. Her kindergarten photo is a sad sight. It's funny because she is NOT like that at home. She's completely crazy and up and down with emotions. She holds it in all day and lets it all out at home. She loves school and works hard at her reading words. She's been getting a new list of words every week. Sammie is a thinker and her little wheels are always turning in her head.
Abby has been a crack up. Can you believe that she can draw now? This is one of her first drawings that resembled a person. She has since drawn many others. She just gets paper herself and sits at the table and draws person after person...just like a big girl. I have to often remind myself that she is just barely 2 1/2. This morning she was in bed talking to her bunny. I asked her if she wanted to get up and she said, "No. I'm just telling my bunny about a sea lion and goldfish." I said, "Um, okay. And left the room," wondering what that was all about. So that's pretty much November. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving with family and relaxing a little from the daily schedule. I am grateful...for pretty much everything.
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
November...in a nutshell
Posted by Anniebanannie at 11:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Can't wait to see you!
I'm AMAZED by the picture that Abby drew! Absolutely fantastic, WAAAAAAAY impressive for a 2 1/2 year old!! And cute Sammie and Olivia... what a sweet family. Happy Thanksgiving!!
Post a Comment