Monday, April 13, 2015

Happy Easter

It was a quiet Easter here at home.  I loved listening to Conference on Easter Sunday.  I was talking with one of my neighbors about Easter.  She said that her family got up very early and attended a Sunday service at 6am and then had different celebrations all day long with lots of food and members of their Church.  She asked what we did and I told her a little about Conference and how it was sort of funny that of all Sundays, we didn't attend church on Easter Sunday.  I also told her that it doesn't work out that way every year and we usually do, as a church, attend a service on Easter Sunday.
But I talked to her briefly about how nice it was to hear messages about our Savior all weekend long and that other members of my Church all over the world were hearing the same thing; in Italy, Africa, Asia, Europe, and even in her native country of Honduras. 
I find that I meet so many wonderful Christians near me that enjoy sharing their religion with me.  It makes it easy for me to share mine with them.  While they don't always ask tons of questions, it is just nice to know that I can share my common beliefs with them.  I love hearing about how God influences the lives of all of His children.  He is definitely in each of our lives whether we recognize it or not.
Conference reminded me of this.  I heard so many things that I needed to hear and things that I need to improve on and things that I felt reassured about.  I feel so blessed and felt a desire to seek for my Heavenly Father's hand more in my life.  I find that when I do this, I feel so much more peace and acceptance.  I accept my challenges more, and can find joy in each day.  It helps me to maintain an Eternal Perspective.



 

0 comments: