Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Lemonade!

The girls have been begging me to do a lemonade stand.  We decided to do it on a Saturday when more people were home in our neighborhood.  I have always dreamed of having a little bakery and selling yummy, delicious, cookies and treats.  It's never something I would actually do, but the idea of it sounds so fun to me.  This was a sort of small version of that.  We whipped up chocolate chip cookies, Mini M&M cookies, rice krispy treats, and brownies.  Everything looked nice and clean in their own little wrappings.  With a cooler full of ice and a jug of lemonade, we were all set.
My kids put up signs in the neighborhood and out on the busy street going into our neighborhood.  People were so nice to go out of their way to stop at our little lemonade stand to amuse my kids.  Well, they ended up selling everything for 50 cents and came away with 45 dollars!  We weren't expecting that.   For now, they split the earnings (I donated the materials) and they are saving it.
They are definitely wanting to do this again.

0 comments: