Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Hills are Alive






We had heard that the wildflowers this year are amazing. We decided to load in the car yesterday and see if we could spot some. We were driving along and then realized that we didn't fill up the gas tank so we didn't get to venture very far. I'm sure if we had gone a little further we would had seen much more. We did still see some and had a little picnic in a grassy field off of the road. The kids had fun climbing up the hills and looking at the flowers. It made you almost want to spin around and start singing "The Hills are Alive, with the sound of music. Ahh-ahh-ah ah." My girls are really into the Sound of Music right now.
I put it on a few Saturdays ago just to have some background noise while I cleaned the house. I told Olivia, "I'm just putting this on while I clean. It's kind of long. You and Sammie don't have to watch it. You'll like some of it, but some of it might be boring." They sat and watched the WHOLE thing. Now they sing all of the songs which they somehow have learned after only watching it once. It's fun when the girls get excited about things that I also enjoyed as a little girl. It brings back so many memories of singing those songs.

3 comments:

Joy said...

At least it is spring somewhere in March!!

Emily said...

I love the picture of Joey and Olivia

TyBrit Boyce said...

That is my all time favorite movie! These pictures up in the hills are gorgeous! It makes me really miss California!