Monday, March 02, 2009

Sammie is Three!


Sammie turned three yesterday. I decided to keep her birthday low key by inviting over her two favorite friends--Raia and Ethan. I asked her who she wanted to come to her birthday and that's what she said. Whenever I asked her what she wanted she would say, "A pony cake." I love making birthday cakes. I am definitely no professional. I just like coming up with some little creative decoration and my kids always love them. I don't think I could ever bring myself to buy a birthday cake, even if it looked prettier or tasted better. I'm following in the footsteps of my mom. She reminded me that I was probably 3 when I also had a pony birthday cake. "My Little Ponies" are back in style. I remember it actually. It was a pink cake with pink icing and a pink pony on the top. Sammie loves blue and so this is what we have.
The Cake:

These three years have really flown. She was such a tiny little baby and seemed like she was a baby forever. She is always surprising me with the things she says and does. She makes us laugh with her funny voices and faces. She has quite the sense of humor. She can also throw a tantrum like no other. She loves to watch how mommy and daddy do things and then try to help. She loves to move. She never stops. She is always climbing, twirling, up on her tiptoes, spinning, getting in and out of her chair at dinner, and running. I don't think it is possible for her to walk. We are so blessed to have her in our family and we love her lots.
The Decor:
The Party:


Happy Birthday to our little Sammie!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

TANTI AUGURI A TE, TANTI AUGURI A TE, TANTI AUGURI FELICI, TANTI AUGURI A TE!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SAMMIE FROM ITALY! Angela

Joy said...

Happy Birthday Sammie!

Brittney said...

looks like a happy happy day...and i LOVE the cake! nice work, my friend.

TyBrit Boyce said...

We LOVE you Sammie, Happy Birthday!

Patti said...

you did a very good job on her cake Ann,very creative,just like your mom. I made cakes but now cute ones like yours.Happy birthday Sammie.

Karen said...

that is one cool lookin' cake!