Sunday, October 25, 2009

She's a "RED ROCK STAR!"







The "Red Rock Stars" is the name of her team. At the start of the season when Olivia cried at her first soccer practice because she didn't like the ball getting taken away from her, I thought we were in for a long season. I also didn't really have any expectations because I knew that this might not be her thing, but we were just going to try it out. Olivia has been getting so much better and even thinks it is fun. She complains that her uniform is too big (though she seems to have grown into it this past month) and the number makes her itch, and the shin guards are sweaty, but she has some really great moments during the game where she is focused and trying...often she likes to dance or scratch her back or look at the sky and misses the ball that rolls right in front of her. It was fun to watch her on Saturday. She was getting into it at the end of the game and I could see a potential soccer player. Going to her games has been an enjoyable family activity and it has been sort of fun being a "soccer mom." I don't think I will pin that soccer picture button on my shirt though. That might be pushing it. This has definitely been a learning experience for her and I'm so proud of her!

0 comments: