Monday, October 19, 2009

What's the haps?

October has been...BUSY! The baby is in the room with the computer and so I never get to update the blog. I feel like we have just been in a whirlwind around here. Olivia has been playing soccer and is starting to enjoy it more now. Her little sister Sammie REALLY LOVES soccer after watching her big sister and we may have a little soccer player in this family. I think Olivia would rather be dancing and twirling, but I'm trying to introduce her to things that don't have sparkles and frills--we still love sparkles and frills though. They do wear really cute bows and I'll have to get some pictures from her next game.

I made a Halloween wreath. I can't decide if I like it. The grapvine wreath was only $2 and I spray painted it black. The letters were on sale for 40 cents a piece. I've had the spiders for a couple of years. I just gave them a dusting with green glitter. Some glue gunning, an orange ribbon and there you have it, a Halloween wreath.


In September our playgroup went and picked apples. I love the little trees there that are just right for tiny arms.
Sammie started preschool. I taught the first month. This group of kids are a dream. They are so good and we moms who are teaching are so lucky. They are excited about everything and get along great! I was helping one of the kids in the bathroom and told the rest of the kids to wait on the rug...not expecting them to stay AT ALL. When we came back, there they were, on the rug talking about their outfits.

Olivia is doing great this year in school so far. She loves to go and comes home so happy, except for the first few minutes. She definitely needs her quiet alone time to unwind. After that--Happy Child. She is getting to be quite the reader and loves trying to read signs, lines of the newspaper, and labels.

I took the girls to see Disney Princess on Ice. Joey decided to sit this one out. Disney really knows how to put on a show. The girls were entertained and starry-eyed the entire time. I will never forget the excited look on Sammie's face as the princesses skated around or how Olivia just longed to be out there with them. Folding stadium seats are not 3 year old friendly.
We are gearing up for another basketball season. I think pre-conditioning started today. Joey will be coaching the Freshman team this year in hopes that he will be able to be home more instead of having an entire week go by and not getting to see the girls.
I can never seem to get the house organized enough or clean enough, but that's life. Where one mess ends, another begins and plenty of the messes are my own so I have no one to blame. We still have so much more this month with Disneyland and Halloween coming up. I love this time of year!

3 comments:

TyBrit Boyce said...

Thanks for the post Annie! I just love those girls!

Emily said...

So busy. Such is life. I can;t imagine three little girls, but it looks like you have a lot of fun. Any trips to Utah coming up? We won't be in Ca for awhile:(

Danielle said...

Its so fun to read about what is going on in your life because I feel like I am reading mine... just change Joey to Justin. ALlie would much rather dance then play soccer, and Brin would play soccer any day. We are going to Disney on Ice in Dec, and my baby is happy happy all day too!
So fun, we definately need to get together soon!