Friday, October 08, 2010

Student.of.the.month.


Olivia was the first student of the month for her class this year. I made sure to keep it a surprise this morning when I went to the assembly at school. Olivia had no idea. She looked so surprised when they called her name. Am I lame that I got a little teary-eyed? Olivia is such a great kid. I think I would have loved to be her friend if I was in second grade. She's silly, kind, imaginative, she tries to do the right thing, and she works hard. I of course forgot my camera this morning. She was beaming with satisfaction after the assembly and gave me a big hug. Way to go Student of the Month!

3 comments:

Mama B said...

Congratulations to our amazing Olivia Rose Biron! I'm so glad it was a surprise---

Emily said...

I got teary-eyed the first time Nathan was VIP in primary. I may have been pregnant, but either way, it is crazy to see kids grow up and do things we remember doing.+

Patti said...

what a special thing it is to be student of the month! and no worries Annie,I think most of us moms get teary eyed when special things happen for our kids.