Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A little dye...a little mess

The girls really wanted to dye Easter eggs. So, the night before Easter in our jammies I got the dye out and the girls decorated them with stickers. They thought it was the best thing.





Joey snapped a picture while we were reading scriptures. I love this part of the day. It's special to see how quickly little ones can pick out a picture of Jesus. And then they start to think any bearded, long-haired man is Jesus. Even if he has tattoos. After the kids were in bed I was determined to make scones. Joey did most of the work while I sat at the table. When morning came no one wanted the scones, except for Joey. At least I made someone happy because apparently the Easter Bunny didn't even bring that good of candy. How is it that my picky eaters are even picky about candy? In spite of my Easter follies this year (the girls were disappointed that I didn't make my traditional cookie bouquet) it really was a wonderful Easter. We taught our children the important things, spent time as a family, and talked about the Savior. It felt special. It's the things that we don't plan that teach us the most. The unplanned conversations, the cuddling to read at night, the sweet hugs and kisses, and the prayers that are said. I feel like our family is closer because of the simple and important things.

1 comments:

Patti said...

Annie you are amazing!! It is wonderful that your mom has been able to come and help you out,what a blessing it is to have good mom's!! my mom was great when she had it together. I love reading about your family and your fun times,hard times and spiritual times!! best of luck to you and I am sending my Love!!!!