Last weekend we visited family to celebrate my Grandma and Grandpa's birthdays.
(Not to embarass you two because I know you will probably read this at some point) We had a special little celebration because Grandpa turned 80. I am so happy that I grew up close to my grand-parents. They are so comforting...like a warm blanket. Really. They both have this amazing quality to make each of their children, grand-children, and great grand-children feel like they are something special. As we were visiting and sharing photos, I realized that every single one of us cousins, aunts and uncles have special memories and a unique relationship with these two wonderful people. My Grandma always makes me smile. She is just fun and she loves to be where everyone is. Her home has always been a welcoming place. I loved to go to her house as a little girl and she would always teach me something. Either sewing or baking or she would draw a picture for me. I have always been proud to have inherited her red hair. Grandpa was always helping out with building projects. I think every single one of us have something built, painted, or improved by Grandpa. He and Grandma have even made it down here to help paint and fix things several times.


1 comments:
What a great family -- you are so blessed. I am glad you and Joey found each other. He loves being a part of your faithful family.
Post a Comment