We started at the end of December 2009 and have been reading as a family nearly every night. It took us 20 months, but we did it! We finished the Book of Mormon. We ate lots of treats to sit still. Sometimes kids were laughing and goofing off. Sometimes a baby was squirming or climbing on the table. Sometimes Mom or Dad got frustrated because no one seemed to be listening. Sometimes we read only a little. But most of the time we were learning and we were together. I am amazed actually at the things the girls have learned and the confidence they have gained in the scriptures. We have had so many wonderful (short) discussions. A few months ago we asked the girls what they wanted to do to celebrate when we finished and they wanted to go out to icecream.
Saturday, August 27, 2011
We Finished!
We are excited to begin again!
Posted by Anniebanannie at 9:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congratulations! I feel, a lot, that my kids aren't listening when we read scriptures either. I had a speaker at church say that it's the habit that they see and get, that was comforting to me!
Good for you!! I love your commitment and diligence. I also liked it when we read scriptures at our house with your family and we lit and blew out the candles. I say whatever works . . .
Post a Comment