Friday, January 13, 2012

The Zoo

While in Folsom we went to the beloved Folsom Zoo. I think nearly every Eagle Scout in the Folsom area has done their project at the Folsom Zoo. It has been YEARS since I have been to this little zoo. When I was little there were just a few animals. It's a rescue zoo, so all of the animals that live there are not fit to live in the wild. But when I was little I only remember there being a fox with only 3 legs. That was about as exciting as it got. Now they have bears. Bears. and Tigers! What? Why does everything get more awesome after you leave? The cool thing about the habitats is that you could actually see the animals pretty closely. I loved watching Sammie and Abby. They were so excited and running all over the place. Olivia very studiously read the exhibit signs. I think she had fun, but won't admit it because we had to drag her out of the house to go. And no trip to the zoo is complete without funny faces being made in animal cutouts.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I have been there a couple time with my kids and am always amazed at how big it has gotten. I have even finally ridden on the train.

Patti said...

I love that little zoo have not been there in years, the train ride was always fun. looks like everyone had a great time.