Thursday, April 26, 2012

When your dad is a history teacher...

The girls went to Joey's school last Saturday while I was at our Stake Relief Society Conference.  He got some work done and cleaned up his room while they watched a movie, colored, and drew on the whiteboard. There are all sorts of treasures in a teacher's classroom.  I laughed when the girls brought these drawings home:


The heads of historical figures and they added bodies to them.  Only when your dad teaches history...I don't think I ever had so much fun in my Dad's office.  He is an accountant.  Sorry, Dad.  History has definitely rubbed off on our children.  They find meaning in it.  Olivia has a serious attachment to historical fiction and last week brought home a book about all of the first Ladies.  She was enthralled.  She even has a favorite.  I won't say who because I think one of my grandpas would have a heart attack if he knew.

0 comments: