Friday, November 16, 2012

A Room for a 9 Year Old

My mom came for a visit.  Whenever my my mom comes for a visit there are never any pictures of her.  Just the projects that we do together.  We worked on Olivia's room.  I had it all planned out.  We had furniture.  The bed was mine when I was little.  She already had bedding from Gramma Jackie that she got for her birthday.  It just needed some paint to pull it all together.  I'm not quite done.  I still have a blank wall behind her dresser to decorate but I have an idea in the works that I will hopefully get to soon. 
My mom got right to work the morning after she arrived.  She painted and I assisted.  I even rolled a bit and painted the baseboards.  So awesome.  Projects in my home make me feel so good.

I don't have much of a "Before" because it was just plain white walls.  So here is the best "before" pic.

I realized that I needed to use a very coordinated look for Olivia because she is so messy.  So this way, her room still looks nice even when her clothes and books and papers or all over the place.  Her two favorite colors are blue and green.
So here is the "After" look.  We painted the walls a nice "true gray" color.  It took me 3 color samples to get the color right.

 Nightstand and lamp are from Gramma Jackie.

A place for her dolls and books.


These little birds were black.  They got a coat of green and some teal ribbon.
Her sock bunny and a little pillow I stitched for her.




This curtain rod was in Abby's room and I just painted it green.
The blank wall.  Still a work in progress...like everything else in life.

 Speaking of work in progress, here's my hallway full of stuff that needs to be done.

3 comments:

Mama B said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE ROOM! Who did Liv get her messy genes from? Not her Dad or me!! :0) You gals do great work --

Christina said...

So cute! I love how simple and clean it looks. Amazing how just a few simple touches make big differences. I have a hall that looks pretty close to that too...just add a couple more piles! :)

Unknown said...

Darling room Ann! Love it!