Friday, December 21, 2012

Remembering

Abby was teary-eyed this morning as she explained to me,

 
"My birthday is too long.  I should have been born first and then I could be taller.  It just takes too long to be a big girl." 
 
I wrapped her in my arms and didn't say a word.  I just thought.  Life goes so so fast.  I want to remember the feelings and the smells of the day.  The smiles, the tears, the pain....all of it.  I have a wonderful life.  We are so very blessed.  I went around and snapped some pictures of the house all decorated for Christmas because I just wanted to remember it.  In just a little bit it will all be taken down and we will move on with something else.  But for some reason, I wanted to remember today.  The way my life is right now.  It is far from perfect, but I think that is what I want to remember; the struggles, the growth, the great love I feel from my Savior each and every day.  I want to remember that trials make us stronger and bring us closer together.  It helps to put meaning into this season and meaning into each day.  I want to remember it.
 




 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you sharing your moments! It's beautiful & so are you! I love the season too. Hope you had a wonderful season!