I can't seem to keep up with this little blog, but I have some things I wanted to write about. We got new floors! I have been wanting new floors since we moved into our house 6 1/2 years ago. It was finally time.
The day that the contractor came to pull the old floor out, I noticed that my kitchen floor was looking a little rippled and a dark spot was forming. I thought, I guess we will see what is going on today when they pull the floors up. When they got to the kitchen, half the kitchen floor was soaked with water underneath. The pad was completely soaked and moldy. Our refrigerator waterline hose had a small hole in it that had slowly leaked over several months.
I was so glad that we were already taking care of the flooring, otherwise we would have found ourselves in an unexpected water mess and no floors. There was a reason I suddenly felt that we needed to just make this happen. Luckily the only thing that was ruined was the flooring and padding that we were pulling out. Whew!
I love how the new floors look. My house looks bigger and just feels softer and more welcoming to me. I never liked the two different wood floors and the kitchen floor was not installed properly and we were having some issues with it. Anyway, it all looks lovely and I am enjoying feeling like my house is new again. I love seeing these changes. As our family is growing up, I'm trying to make the spaces in our house work for us. Our life was so different when we first moved into this house and I look forward to more years here.
Here are some before pictures because I love Before and Afters:
And here are the Afters!













0 comments:
Post a Comment