Thursday, August 24, 2017

Abby's Baptism

On Saturday, May 27th, our sweet and spunky Abby was baptized.  It was such a special weekend.  These moments in our children't lives are memorable and sweet and the spirit was so strong.  We were able to have a family baptism and so just Abby was being baptized that day.  It was a particularly special event because her Grandpa Dave and Grandma Jackie were able to give the talks.  Sammie and her friend played the violin.  I felt so much love that day and that our family was being showered with the spirit.  I think Abby could feel the importance of her decision to be baptized and it reminded the rest of us why we chose to be baptized.  I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ.  It grounds me and teaches me and helps me to feel close to my Savior.  I enjoy watching my children grow and to have experiences like this where they can feel the Spirit and take part in the goodness of the Gospel.  I shared my journal entry with her from the day I was baptized and reminded her to pay attention to the things she would be feeling that day.  Abby come out of the water with excitement on her face.  It was a day about our Heavenly Father's kingdom and his children.  I was so happy for Abby and for our family that day.  It reminded me of so many things that I have tucked away in my heart.  The love I felt was so great.  She had some beautiful pictures taken just like Olivia and Sammie had done.  We were happy to have our family there and I made Abby a little book with all of the photos of that day, but I thought I would put a few of them here.




0 comments: