Since this is a giant catch up, I'm just clumping all of this together. Open House was great as usual. I always love to capture these moments to see the changes in the girls each year. Sammie finished up 5th grade and Abby finished 2nd. Abby especially had the most perfect teacher for her this year. They are truly kindred spirits and if they were the same age, they would be best friends. They just really enjoyed one another. I think some tears were shed for Abby when she said goodbye to Mrs. Jones. I'm so grateful for teachers that put in so much time, work, and care for their students. It has made a difference in my life and my girls' lives. Sammie is becoming such a good artist. Aside from her school project, she made a beautiful drawing of her teacher that she gave to her as a gift and she gave her drawing of Teddy Roosevelt to hang in Joey's classroom. The end of Middle School was eventful for Olivia, I just don't have any pictures! She went on a trip to Disneyland with all of the 8th graders and we skipped out on 8th grade graduation. Well, guess what, they still send you your certificate in the mail if you don't attend. We let her choose and she opted out of going which was fine with us. She said her goodbyes to her friends at school and is looking ahead to high school. She started summer school right when the school year ended and had a taste of high school. Just the smallest taste.
Sunday, August 20, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment