Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Love FLowers...and I will miss these

Olivia was only a year old when I planted these flowers.




Yesterday Sammie wanted to stay outside and play with a stick. It was a cool morning and was about to rain. We stayed out and she flicked mud in the gutter and ran around playing some little game. Abby kept wandering over by the hydrangeas and then I felt a little sad. We will be moving this summer from our little "cottage" as I like to call it. We're not going far. We just need a little more space for our growing family. This is my first home. When we bought it, it was a piece of junk and little by little we have fixed it up. So many memories. Good neighbors and life experiences. We won't be selling it yet...but it will be strange to not wake up to little feet on the creaky wood floors. Maybe our new house will have a place for hydrangeas.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Congrats on the move although I'm sure you're feeling blue about it. Are you guys buying again?

Tiny Einstein's Preschool said...

Wahoo! Congrats on the move. Do you want to come and garden ion my yard. It is in desperate need of a little tlc. You yard is gorgeous Anne.
kaity

mandi said...

hydrengas are my absolut favorte flower. I came from az and u just cant grow them there. i planted my first plant last spring and it dies, and it magically came back to life, im sure its because i talked to it, anyway it looks like they are on there way to blooming. I can't wait!!! if you want to give some up, ill be the happy recipient, no need for the future renters to enjoy them. I could enjoy them just as easily. Youve done a beautiful job with your cottage, it makes me want to live in it.

Patti said...

It is always bitter sweet to move.I can image you are a little crowded in your house.