Tuesday, May 04, 2010

My Responsible Daughter


Olivia is responsible. This is a new thing for her. She clears the table after dinner without being told. She starts cleaning her room without being told. She tells Sammie to not get so many toys out because, "I'm going to have to clean them later!!" She now likes to get her school clothes ready for the next day. I smiled this morning when her clothes were laying neatly over the chair with her necklace spread out. She was still sleeping and her clothes looked like they had been sitting there waiting all night just ready for Olivia to throw them on in the morning. Sometimes I look around the house at the messes and I can't help but smile to myself. Everything that lays around still has an energy to it. It got left behind before someone was finished with it. Dress ups draped over furniture, a little sandal in my room, all the books pulled off the bookshelf, a trail of blocks through the hallway. All these things seem like they are only frozen and stand as evidence of the little hands and feet that trample around the house. I love being a mom.

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Such a sweet post. Love it!

Kaity said...

What a great girl! and what's your secret to teaching responsibility? Please, I'm dying to know.

Patti said...

Annie what a neat post. those are the things to cherish as the years fly away. you have a great attidue,and how cute for Oliva to set her clothes out the night before,saves so much time and energy in the morning when it is time for school.

becks said...

I think I need to follow Olivia's example :P And I'm so glad for your sake that Olivia is becoming a cleaner. Talk about making your life easier!

Brittney said...

aww, olivia. so great. she sounds like a dream-come-true child. you're awesome, annie.

Unknown said...

Oh, my heck this is the most precious post! I love it! Good job MOM! This is a great sign that you are doing a great job in teaching your children! What a satisfing accomplishment! :)