Wednesday, September 28, 2016

13


13 years ago this amazing young lady was born.  She was so excited to get a phone for her birthday.  She wasn't expecting it all and she was so surprised when she opened it up.  I love the picture I got.  She looks like she opened a box with a puppy inside.  I really thought she was going to cry.



Olivia is such a great kid.  She still loves to draw and write and is trying hard in school.  She has such a funny dry sense of humor.  When I went to parent/teacher conferences at the middle school (which I thought were just a waste of time because I already knew Olivia was doing fine and I almost didn't go) I was reminded of what a great girl she is.  All of her teachers said such wonderful things about her and one even said, "So, basically, if I had a daughter I would want her to be just like Olivia."
It felt good to know that she is doing just fine and that others are respecting her and "getting" her.  The conference was more for me than for her.
My parents came for the weekend.  I always forget to snap a picture when they come.  My mom and I took a quick trip with Olivia to the outlets to shop.  Sammie and Abby also had soccer games and sang in church on Sunday.  Throw in an ice cream cake and it was a busy weekend. Sometimes I don't feel old enough to have a 13 year old daughter.  She's taller than me and seems to just keep growing.  Definitely no longer a little girl, she really is becoming a remarkable young woman.



0 comments: