Saturday, August 24, 2013

First Week

I am exhausted after the first week of school, but a good kind of exhausted.  Things feel sort of exciting around here.  I loved having my kids around for lazy summer days.  No schedule, staying up late and sleeping in, coming and going as we please.  This summer was one of the best ever.  But I was happy when school started.  Not to "get the kids out of the house" but because I am excited for them.  I am excited for the experiences that they will have, good and bad, the things they will learn, the things we get to talk about when they get home.  I love the school year because it brings changes and growth.  Each year is a little different from the one before.
I am happy that I can make my kids lunches and get them out the door and that I can help fix their hair, when wanted, and drive them to school.  I'm happy to welcome them home and hear about their day.  I'm glad that I am there for the happy days and the tearful afternoons.  I'm glad that I can keep things running around here.  It completely exhausts me, but I'm doing it.
Here are my girls on their first day!  Olivia in 5th grade, Sammie in 2nd, and Abby going to pre-school.  They didn't even really need me to walk them to their classrooms.  It was more for me than for them.  Olivia just walked off without even a hug in all the hustle and bustle at the school.  I later found her on the playground and said good-bye.  It sure is quiet around here now :)





 Olivia and her best bud, Mary.  Not in the same class, but found each other before school.

0 comments: