Thursday, August 15, 2013
His name is Charles, but we call him Charlie
We are finally home from all of our comings and goings. School starts next week and yesterday we got a pet. Not much of a pet, but still, a pet! His name is Charles, but we call him Charlie. That is the name the girls have decided on. He seems to like his new home. I have to admit I was crossing my fingers this morning that he would still be alive when I went to check this morning.
This has probably been the most eventful summer we have had in a long time. Years, actually. We were never home for more than a few days before we were taking off somewhere again, either for the day or for another week. I love the freedom of summer. I just felt so grateful this summer. Grateful for my family, for my kiddos, for my husband, my body. I couldn't help get a little emotional as we were out doing things as a family. As I would lay down in bed at night with my sore body and tired limbs and having no idea how I would feel in the morning, it felt good. Even though I still struggle with symptoms every day, they are manageable. There are certain things my body just won't do, but I can get by somehow. I just felt so grateful for every experience that we were having--that I was having, and enjoying the moment. I am still looking back on all of our summer fun with a smile on my face and being grateful for what I do have.
Posted by Anniebanannie at 8:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment